Thursday, October 27, 2016

Comic Adventures Issue #48


read a lot of comics and rarely review them here on the blog. That's because I really don't have a lot to say for an entire post.  So I thought I would review several comics on one post.  I will still review graphic novels on their own now and then, but this is where I will talk about super-hero type comics (DC/Marvel) or sequels to some that I have already reviewed.

This issue I talk about Saga vol. 6, Lumberjanes Vol 3 A Terrible Plan,  Wayword Volume 1 String Theory, and Kanan Star Wars vol 2.


I can't get enough of this series!  It's just so unique compared to any other comic that I am reading right now. Yeah... this issue kind of hit the filler volume.  But I am still into the characters. Hazel is now a little girl in this comic so we get to know her and see her growing up. There's a couple of new characters in this volume that I though was ... meh.  A couple of reporters who get mixed up into everything.  Ok.... just boring.  The Will is back and I still like him... he's flipping out a little and becoming more and more depressing.  I like it.  I like that we get to see him go through all these emotions.  There are a few genitals drawn in this comic and one genital had me shocked!  Meaning.. I just wasn't expecting it.  Good things happen at the end of this comic too!  Things that have me really excited for volume 7. Apparently there is no release date for volume 7!  How long do I have to wait then?? 2017!  I look forward to Alana and Marko's continuing story and see how everything comes together with Hazel. 
3 out of 5


This is another comic I've been enjoying so much.  I look forward to reading it.  New artist this time around but I still felt like it was still the fun quirky art.  I don't know why comics switch artists so often.  I just think that one artist should be contracted till the series is done.  I don't know much about comic book rules though when it comes to writing them/drawing them.  The book starts out with all the girls from camp telling their own ghost stories.  I thought these were great! I like how the girls are also getting their own stories.  By getting to know the girls a little better as individuals the comic is finding it's way to be a long running comic. The creepy camp vibe is still around.  There are dinosaurs, bears, and all that fun stuff!  You can still read about all the different patches they earn.  I always want to try to earn these badges. Why isn't there any cool camps like this for adults? There's a fun badge called Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fondant... a cake decorating challenge that including a funny raccoon!  
5 out of 5



I saw someone reading this on the Graphic Novel Challenge 2016 so I thought I'd check it out.  I mean... there are tons of cats on the cover! Sold. The art is fantastic and the characters are also fun to get to know. Each characters turns out to have some sort of super power. Monsters start appearing here and there and of course they battle. The plot is a little rushed to me. Like there is really no explanation as to why the monsters are there.  I know it will be revealed later but I feel like we still should've known a little bit more now. I like how the comic takes place in Japan. Makes me feel like I'm reading a Manga.  Yeah, I know it's not one but I still felt cool. The story almost feels like one I've read before. Teen kids with superpowers in a team, bad guys showing up to be defeated.  Missing parents (like all YA novels).  I'll for sure check out the next volume just out of curiosity.  That volume will determine whether or not I stick with the series. 
3 out of 5


I loved the first volume of this come.  It was the first time I had been introduced to Kanan.  This issue was such a let down compared to that one.  It was all about Kanan as a child when he was becoming a jedi.  Same story we've heard before.  I wanted more of Kanan's adventures with his group.  They were interesting.  How much back story do we need? The comic needs to start moving on into the present. It's not a terrible comic.. just average.  None of the Star Wars comics has been phenomenal to me. I thought Kanan was going to be the comic that stood out in a flood of average Star Wars story but this one didn't help it do that. Honestly the most interesting character was the one Kanan is becoming a padawan for.  She (Billaba) has just got back from battle and lost most of her troops and is going through a lot mentally to try to be one with the force again.  I did enjoy reading about a Jedi Master having those issues. 
2 out of 5 


This counts for 61 comics towards my 2016 Graphic Novels Challenge.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment